Apple Cider cupcakes make a delicious fall treat. Take a break from pumpkin everything to try this easy cupcake recipe today!
- 1/2 c (115g) butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (105g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2–1/2 c (235g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 c (235ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 c (120ml) apple cider
- 3/4 c (175g) butter
- 4–1/2 c (550g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 3 Tbsp apple cider
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F (170C) and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add them to the mixer alternating with the buttermilk and apple cider. Mix each addition until just incorporated.
- Scoop into the paper liners – approximately 1/4 cup or you can use a large cookie scoop.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool on wire racks.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment whip the butter until it becomes pale.
- Add half the sugar and the spices and mix on low (so it doesn’t fly out of the bowl!)
- Next add the rest of the sugar and the apple cider and whip until well mixed and fluffy.
- When cupcakes are fully cool ice with a knife or your favorite piping tip.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords: apple cider cupcake recipe, fall cupcakes, apple cider buttercream recipe, autumn cupcake recipes