Coconut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies are a tasty trail cookie, perfect for fall hikes, camping and tailgating!
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup (100 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1–1/4 cup (195 g) white flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (100 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (35 g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chopped dried cranberries
- Put both of the sugars into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Pour the melted butter in and beat on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix.
- Next add the flour, baking soda, salt and oats and combine.
- Stir in the coconut flakes and cranberries.
- Chill for 1-24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough onto your lined trays with a medium cookie scoop about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
You could definitely substitute other dried fruits for the cranberries. Nuts would also be good!
Keywords: coconut cranberry cookies, oatmeal cookie recipe, tailgate cookies, fall cookies, picnic cookie recipe, cookies for kids