Beautifully soft and golden these Easy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls are the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. Try to save a few for breakfast too!
- 3 cups (480 g) unbleached white flour
- 1 cup (140 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp yeast
- 1 cup (235 ml) milk
- 4 Tbsp (55 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (215 g) pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp honey
Honey Butter Glaze:
- 1/4 cup (55 g) unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- In a small saucepan scald your milk (bring it close to boiling) turn off the heat and add the 1/4 cup (55 g) of butter.
- While the butter melts into the milk, stir together the white and wheat flour in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the salt on one side of the bowl and the yeast on the other and stir.
- Once the butter has melted and the milk is cooling add the pumpkin to the saucepan and stir.
- Whisk in the egg and honey and pour the wet ingredients into the mixer.
- Mix with the paddle attachment until the dough comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6-7 minutes. I used a combination of a little oil on the counter and a little flour on the dough to keep it from sticking while the gluten builds.
- Put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and let it rise at room temp for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Melt the 1/4 cup (55 g) of butter and 1 Tbsp honey in a small pan for glazing.
- Turn the dough onto the counter and divide in half. Roll the first half out into a circle about 15 in (38 cm) in diameter.
- Cut your circle into 12-15 pieces depending on the size of rolls you want. I used a pizza cutter to cut my dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll each triangle up starting at the wide end and place them on a cookie sheet in two rows two inches apart.
- Let them rise for 15-20 minutes, brush with the honey butter and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Repeat with the second half of the dough.
- Let the rolls cool on a wire rack or serve warm!
You can make these in any shape that you want to!
If you’d like a few more small rolls cut your circle into 15 pieces instead of 12.
Keywords: Easy Pumpkin Dinner Rolls, Thanksgiving bread recipe, pumpkin rolls, easy bread recipe