Healthy Breakfast Muffins make a great breakfast when you need something quick in the morning. They are also a kid-friendly snack for Moms on the run!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (80 g) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ( ml) coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup (150 g) flour
- 1/2 cup (55 g) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (35 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup grated carrot (2 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C) and line muffin pans for 16 muffins.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the eggs and sugar together until light colored and frothy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, oil and vanilla and mix.
- Next add all the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Stir in the banana, carrots and pecans.
- Fill each muffin liner with about 1/4 cup of batter (I used a large cookie scoop).
- Bake for 18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and muffins are slightly brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack. I recommend waiting to eat until they are well cooled because the papers will come off much easier then.
Substitute regular milk, buttermilk or greek yogurt for the coconut milk if preferred.
Keywords: healthy breakfast muffin recipe, kids healthy breakfast, oatmeal muffins, breakfast muffin recipe