Bursting with the color and fresh flavor of summer berries, Red Raspberry Freezer Jam is delicious and easy to make. Have 10 jars done in just 30 minutes!
- 4 cups (950ml) crushed Red Raspberries (about 5 1/2 – 6oz packages)
- 6 cups (1200g) white sugar
- 3/4 cup (200ml) cold water
- 7 Tbsp pectin (approximately 1 package of sure-jell)
- 12 half pint jam jars with rings and lids
- Wash the jars/rings/lids in hot soapy water or put them through the dishwasher to sterilize them.
- In a large glass bowl (at least 2 quarts/litres) crush the raspberries in layers, one package at a time.
- Add the sugar and stir until the colors clear.
- Let the fruit sit for ten minutes. After about 5 minutes I start on the next step so that the pectin is ready after the fruit is done resting.
- Put the water into a small pan over medium heat and whisk in the pectin. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour into the fruit mixture and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
- Ladle into clean jam jars leaving a half inch at the top for the jam to expand as it freezes. Wipe the rims and outsides of your jars with a clean damp cloth before screwing on the lids.
- Label your jars and let them sit for 24 hours before putting them into the freezer.
- Makes 10 half pint jars.
Substitute black raspberries for an equally tasty variation.
I don’t recommend subbing fruit other than raspberries in this specific recipe as each type of fruit needs to have its proportions tailored to fit.
Keywords: red raspberry jam, freezer jam, homemade jam recipe, summer fruit recipe